What is a Meet Up Group?
We call our Meet Up
group Free Photo Classes in the CSRA. And we do just
what we say - host free short classes or demonstrations
right here in our store in Aiken. Sometimes Chris leads
them, sometimes we have guest leaders.
How to join the group:
Here's what's coming up
June 7, 2016:
Setting up a head-shot
studio in 15 minutes, using the speed light you already own
What we'll cover:
- The background
- The lens
- The flash
- The pose
- How to fold up
your background again
We'll start a 7 pm and
you can get home in time to watch NCIS. But Chris' will hang
around a little longer.
Here's what we did last
time - "20 Fabulous Google Freebies For
This 90 minute seminar presented 20
little-known Google products and services that help amateur
and aspiring pro-am photographers.
These free features help you take better photos, display
them more prominently and improve your skills.
The presentation will be conducted by Aiken resident David
Vine. He began his career as a photojournalist and later
public information officer for Miami International Airport.
During his career he published
more than 100 magazine articles most illustrated with his
photography. From 1996 to 2015 he presented a unique
"Internet For Investigators" workshop in 47 states.
The schedule is 11:00 am to 12:30 pm on Saturday, February
20. There will be a 15 minute coffee break from 11:30 to
We had a good
turnout and everyone loved it
Some suggestions for
- how to clean your camera
- how to/why use a tripod-remote release
- reflector madness
- how to make enough on eBay
to buy a new camera
- flash part 2- off camera cords, filters & modifiers
- Fireworks photography. (tripods and remote shutter
- Astro photography basics. (tripods and remote
- Timelapse Tips (tripods and timer remote, maybe a
slider or two )
- Water in Motion (tripods, ND filters, CPL and remote
- Soccer Mom Sports Photography (Monopods and some
- Getting closer, macro class (extension tubes,
close-up sets, reversing rings, ring lights and tripods)
I had asked some friends of mine in
the photo industry for ideas, but we'd love to hear YOUR